2.1.10

Handiwork.

Getting one's name changed is an enormous hassle. The courts don't make the process clear or easy, so I'm lucky to have a lawyer on hand to do the research, the planning, and the paperwork.

After years of meaning to do it, we're finally on our way, and our first step was getting fingerprinted. I had eagerly anticipated mashing my fingers into an ink pad -- there's something so elementary-school-art-class about that -- but sadly it's all digital now (although they did have the old machine displayed on top of a filing cabinet in the corner). When we finished rolling our fingers across the scanners, we left with pristine fingertips. Much less glamorous this way, oddly enough.



I lost the afternoon happily making a birthday card for a dear friend.





And now I'm going to sit back and see if I can finally finish the book I've been reading for a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment