8.1.10

Winter afternoons.

Andy made this lovely potato and leek soup from a Thomas Keller recipe last night.  As he cooked, the scent of herbs filled the kitchen and living room and made the cold house feel just a bit cozier.



He used white pepper as seasoning and garnished it with vegetarian bacon and croutons.



It was time to get (somewhat more) serious with my work, so I reluctantly spent some time at the library.



 



Although I always feel slightly lost within the Rice library, they've really made the outside relaxing. It's too cold to enjoy it much now, but I paused for a moment as I made a dash from the warmth of the library to the moderate warmth of the car.



On the drive home, we examined the disastrous results of leaving a sprinkler system on at night. It looked as if ice cubes had been scattered over the lawn. Lovely, but a bit sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment